Thursday 17 December 2020

Tier review

I was back at work this morning and working with Sue. Again, we had a very quiet shift, and we kept one eye on the news as there was a review of the Tier system today. I think everyone in Northamptonshire was expecting to be put into Tier 3, but amazingly, we have stayed where we are. However, Buckinghamshire is now in Tier 3, so that puts paid to lunch in Olney for the foreseeable future.

It also means that the meal planned tomorrow evening with Lynda, Andrea and Fiona at The Four Pears will have to be postponed as well, as we cannot gather together for dinner. It does, however, mean that as a family we can go to the pub for a meal on Christmas Eve!

At 4pm I sped home in the beautiful twilight (it's been lovely weather today) and discovered that one of Sophie's presents had arrived while I was at work. Normally, by now, we would have had an evening shop in Milton Keynes, but this year I just don't feel like risking it (plus MK will be in Tier 3 from Saturday). I have done well so far with buying presents in Jones's and Tesco and buying online, so that will have to do this year. There were lots of warnings in the news today about Christmas, and how people need to be careful. It's at times like this that I'm thankful we don't have a huge family nearby, otherwise, how would you choose?

After Sophie had finished work I spread out on the dining table and wrapped my presents. I just need to get a few things now and try and shop for my parents' present to each other and I'm done!

No comments: