Tuesday 15 December 2020

An enjoyable day at work... for once!

Sophie didn't go to the gym this morning so I had a little lie-in until 7.30am. She was meeting her manager at Costa later today to exchange gifts, and have a catch-up. They were planning on meeting at the drive-thru in Costa but staying in their own cars!

I went off to work and for the first time in ages, Keith drove me as Sophie needed her car. I had a very pleasant shift working with Jo, and only Nicola was in as Sara was on annual leave and Sheila was furloughed today. The phones were very quiet indeed, and there was a lovely relaxed atmosphere about today. I helped with customer service emails and we did a lot of chatting with Nicola!

At 4pm Keith came to collect me and we sped home in the beautiful twilight. It's been another gorgeous day today so a bit annoying to be cooped up in a very hot office!

I sat and relaxed at home and watched a fantastic documentary about snow foxes. Perfect winter viewing! Then, with a new gin to savour, I watched the end of Love Sarah, a film I'd been wanting to see ever since it came out in the cinemas. It was poignant but enjoyable.

Dinner this evening, cooked by Keith, was a delicious chicken casserole in a creamy sauce. Afterwards, we watched University Challenge, and although we did answer a few, the questions are now getting harder!


No comments: