Tuesday 29 December 2020

Car and phone niggles!

Before I went to work today, Keith called the garage about my car. Although they were still closed, Rob answered and said that with older cars (!) they didn't normally replace the plastic panel, but if we could manage to secure it, it would be fine. Keith did manage to put it back yesterday by crawling underneath the car and securing it with cable ties, so we'll take it out tomorrow for a test run to see how it is.

I took my Dad's car to work again and had a fairly pleasant shift with Sara. We were very busy when the phone lines opened, but this time I could see how many calls were coming in! It did quieten down but most of the calls were about booking swimming sessions. I will be so glad when we don't have to do that any more! Tomorrow we are due another announcement about the Tier system, but infections are increasing rapidly every day with the new variant of the virus, so it looks likely that more areas will be in Tier 4. If we go into this Tier, then our leisure centres will close.

My phone was playing up again today, and it had died completely when I left work at 4pm. I really do need to do something about it next year, that's if we're allowed to go shopping in Milton Keynes, that is! I sped home in the gloom (it's been grey and overcast all day) and relaxed with Sophie by catching up with the last few episodes of Modern Family that we'd somehow managed to miss. We were in agreement that the series had come to an end as neither of us found it funny any more!

After dinner, Keith and I watched the last episode of Black Narcissus, which was excellent. The Nepalese scenery was breathtaking. We kept Monty in tonight as it was freezing outside, with snow forecast for the next couple of days. Will we get any, I wonder?!




No comments: