Wednesday 9 December 2020

Mrs Angry!

I switched the lights on in my decorated window early this morning just in case anyone was wandering around and having a look! I have to say, though, that I didn't see anyone looking at the decorations all day, but then I wasn't peering out continuously!

Keith and I took Sophie's car to the garage at Moulton, put some petrol in for her, and took the filthy little thing through the carwash. It was a gloomy, damp sort of day today, and as we drove off the forecourt, it started to drizzle. Typical!

Back home I enjoyed pastries and coffee for breakfast and sat with Sophie for a while. I had an appointment to see my parents at 12.40pm again, so I showered and drove over, giving myself plenty of time in case any building works held me up!

When I got to the care home, there wasn't a car park space anywhere. There were even cars parked along the approach road, but as some pretty big vehicles pass closely by, I didn't fancy leaving my car there! I sat and waited for ten minutes but in the end, gave up and had to park along a straight bit of the road. I went into reception and explained where I'd parked so they could get hold of me if they wanted me to move. I had no idea why there were so many cars but I hope this isn't going to be the case every time I visit in the future!

I was taken to the garden room, and I sat and waited... and waited. After fifteen minutes had gone by I called the care home and asked where my parents were! Another five minutes went by before they came down, and by now I was furious as half the time had disappeared!

I couldn't stay any longer as I was picking Mike up from work so we barely had ten minutes before I had to go. Before I left I arranged to pick up the DVD player I'd bought for my parents last week, and which was waiting for me in reception. Somehow, my parents had managed to break it in less than a week, which was extremely annoying. I stood and waited at the gate to be let out, and one of the carers appeared with the box. Perched on top were the two cards I sent out yesterday to my parents, and the carer attempted to give them back to me! Why? They were clearly addressed to my parents! Sometimes I really do wonder! Also in the box were the cards my Mum had written out for me to post, but some had the address missing so I'll have to do some detective work to find them!

I drove to get Mike without mishap and called into the Co-op on the way home to buy a sandwich. Mike told me to get a meal deal rather than a single sandwich and bought the food for me, bless him! 

After we'd returned Keith and I went back to the garage at Moulton to get some diesel for my car, and to take it through the carwash as well. Only now it was closed! I was livid - it wasn't turning out to be the best of days!

I was determined to get it washed as it was so dirty so we set off on a tour of the town, and eventually went to the carwash at the Morrison's garage on the Kettering road. Hooray!

It was bliss to get home, watch two episodes of The Fall and then try the new Gin for tonight - Blood Orange - which has turned out to be a new favourite!


No comments: