Saturday 26 December 2020

Lockdown lite...

Traditionally, today is the day when we do very little, eat chocolate and leftovers, and loll about. Today is also the day when the whole of Northamptonshire went into Tier 3, so all pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes closed. It's not a full lockdown for us as most shops are still open, as well as gyms, hairdressers and beauty salons, but it does restrict us going out for a meal or a cup of tea and cake. At work, we won't be able to run our fitness classes, so my shift might be a bit challenging on Monday!

We spent the morning doing very little, and we certainly weren't tempted by the Boxing Day Sales! The weather has been grey and overcast but Sophie and I did venture out for a walk in the early afternoon and went down to Walgrave. The stream underneath the bridge was in full flow, due to the huge amount of rainfall we've had over the last few days. Today we have weather warnings out for heavy rain and wind from Storm Bella, due to hit the British Isles later in the day.

I had an appointment to see my parents this afternoon at 4pm, so Sophie and I set off, and when we arrived they were already in the lounge. I don't think they'd had as good a Christmas as I'd hoped, because both of them seemed a bit unhappy, which was a real shame. We sat and chatted for half an hour but they were delighted with the presents we'd bought them, and my Dad was wearing his new shirt while my Mum had her new clothes on that I'd bought her for lounging about in.

Sophie and I popped to the Co-op nearby for more chipolatas to add to the bubble and squeak for dinner this evening, before returning home and relaxing. I suggested watching The Florida Project, a film I'd wanted to see since it was released in 2017. It was a bit sad, to be honest, and showed a side to Florida that we have never really seen.

Dinner this evening was leftovers made into bubble and squeak, cold turkey and chipolatas. As ever, the meal was delicious and we have enough turkey left over to make a casserole tomorrow!


No comments: