Saturday 5 December 2020

A human conveyor belt!

I had a flu jab booked for today at about 11am so after a quick breakfast, Sophie and I headed over to Guilsborough. We were a bit early, and we were amazed at the number of people driving in and out! It was a constant stream of cars!

I waited until my allotted time and went into the surgery where I was met by a member of staff holding a bottle of sanitiser. I then headed to the reception desk, gave my name, and was directed to the suite of rooms where I turned left. It was all very slick and well-organised and very much like a human conveyor belt! I went into one of the rooms, rolled up my sleeve and received a quick prick in the arm. All done! I must have been in and out in less than five minutes!

Sophie and I had decided to venture out to Olney again today, and as Buckinghamshire is in Tier 2 like Northamptonshire, it meant we could visit the shops and have lunch at a cafe. It took us a while to drive from Guilsborough to Olney but we went a new way which was a lot easier, bringing us out onto the main high street of the small town. We were lucky to bag a parking space on the main street, about a ten-minute walk from the centre. 

Sophie hadn't had any breakfast so we went for lunch first. We chose Teapots again, and we were delighted to take one of the last tables in the small cafe. Sophie chose a baked potato with cheese and beans while I opted for a cheese and onion toastie served with coleslaw and salad. The food was delicious, and we made room for more tea and cake afterwards! 






I chose coffee and walnut while Sophie enjoyed pineapple and coconut. The cakes were scrumptious and just what we'd been waiting for!

It was lovely sitting and relaxing in the friendly cafe, and we will be back again soon, I hope! From there we went to a nearby newsagent where we bought a magazine each and the newspaper. I had spotted a magazine with ideas for kitchen diners so I had to have it! Hopefully, it will give me some inspiration!


Teapots cafe, Olney

We mooched about the shops and Sophie bought some lovely glasses which she wants to use for cocktails. They were second-hand, which was even better!

The last time we'd visited Sophie had spotted some Russell and Bromley velvet boots and they were still there, priced at £110. I said I would get them for her as a Christmas present from my parents, but when she tried them on, they were slightly too small, which was a huge shame as they would have been perfect! She did, however, buy a blouse in another charity shop for £4 which was very pretty and perfect for work (when she gets to go back into the office!). 



We spent a lovely afternoon mooching about and taking some photos of the pretty town. By 3pm we'd had enough and headed home where we relaxed until dinner. Keith cooked a delicious beef casserole with dumplings, perfect for a wintry day!


No comments: