Tuesday 22 December 2020

Finished for Christmas!

Today was my last day of work before Christmas, and it was a very quiet shift. I took in my Secret Santa gift and added it to the box of other presents. I had bought a bottle of Champagne for Georgia, a lovely girl who works on Reception, and amazingly, she had drawn me as well! She came in, spotted her gift and danced out in glee! I think she liked it!

Sara asked me to proofread all of the new fitness classes that Sheila had put onto the system yesterday, so at least I had something to do! It still doesn't feel like Christmas, and when I left at 4pm, after wishing my colleague Jo a Merry Christmas, I didn't feel that usual high when I finish for the festive season!

I drove into town to collect Mike who had been at Abbie's house for the last few days. He was in good spirits and was looking forward to just two more days at work and then finishing for Christmas. 

I had a very relaxing evening - Sophie was upstairs watching footage of Hugh Fernly-Whittingstall cook for her boyfriend's work colleagues and Keith was also upstairs watching Newcastle play, so I sat in the living room with a G&T and watched an old Christmas episode of The Good Life. Just perfect!


No comments: