Sunday 27 December 2020

Every day feels like Sunday...

Friday (Christmas Day) felt like Sunday, yesterday, when it was Saturday, it felt like Sunday, and today when it actually is Sunday definitely feels like Sunday!

Sophie wanted to go to the gym today, so I suggested giving her a lift and then going to get some shopping that we needed. I was out of coffee, and we needed some ingredients for dinner. Last night's storm hadn't been as bad as expected, but Holcot was flooded again, so we had to take care when driving through the area of the road by the duck pond.

As well as some shopping, I also needed fat snax so after dropping her off I drove to the nearby Wilco's which was just about to open. Unfortunately, they were out of stock so I gave up and went to the Co-op at Moulton, which, apart from some mushrooms, didn't have anything I needed!

I drove back, and read the Sunday papers while waiting for Sophie and she wasn't long at all. Back home I asked her to help me put a colour on my hair (much-needed) and we had a bit of a pamper!

As the weather was so beautiful today, I suggested a walk around Brixworth Country Park and then a hot chocolate afterwards from the Willow Tree Cafe. I was hoping they would still be doing take-aways. Keith came as well but when we arrived at the car park, I have never seen so many cars wedged into the spaces! There wasn't a space free at all. Also, the queue for the cafe was about twenty deep, so we drove straight back out again, and went to the Brampton Halt steam train station instead. 

Parking was easier here and we had a choice of going towards Market Harborough or back towards Northampton. The path north was very wet so we turned right and headed for The Windhover pub. Even here, there were loads of people out so we had to keep dodging families with pushchairs, and men talking very loudly!


It was truly a beautiful day with lovely fluffy clouds and blue skies, but it was cold! The Brampton Valley Way, an old disused railway line, is low-lying and the fields around us were flooded.




Before actually getting to the end of the road, we turned back and re-traced our steps. It was still very busy - everybody must have had the same idea today, or were just fed up with being cooped up at home!

Back home it was time to relax for a while and Keith prepared a delicious chicken casserole using a bottle of white wine I'd bought. We added dumplings for extra flavour, and made good use of the turkey!

This evening we settled down to watch Black Narcissus, which looked very good and was set in Nepal. Just my kind of programme!



No comments: