Monday 7 December 2020

An unexpected bonus!

The fog and frost continued this morning, and it was particularly bad on the roads. Keith and I went to Tesco first thing and did our shopping for the next few days. I also needed some bits and bobs for my parents so they went into the trolley as well. Going through the checkouts we chatted to one of our regular ladies and caught up with all of her news. I hadn't seen her for ages, so that was good!

Back home I wrote out all my Christmas cards, so that's one job completed. Sophie didn't feel very well today and looked really pale and tired, bless her. I heated up a bowl of Mulligatawny soup and toasted some naan bread, and made her take some Ibuprofen with her lunch. I think that working from home is starting to really affect her now so with the vaccine becoming available over the next few months, maybe this is the beginning of the end.

Before getting Mike from work, I dropped off the stuff for my parents at the care home. Luckily today we weren't held up by diggers but it was still very muddy!

Back home we surprised Mike with not one but three advent calendars! I had ordered what I thought was just one from Amazon, but it turned out to be three for £4.99, so that was a bargain! Mike said the chocolates were a bit small but with three, it should satisfy his sweet tooth!


When Sophie had finished work we walked around the estate to deliver Christmas cards to friends and neighbours. Monty came with us, and accompanied us all the way, which was delightful! He hasn't done that for a while! It was very cold, though, and although we'd planned on walking up to the village, we decided to drive instead. The reason we were going was to look at a decorated window for the Advent walk. On the map, it showed a house opposite the pub, but it wasn't that clear when Sophie drove along the road. I was starting to get a bit worried about what I had to do, which is typical for me! I agree to do something and then heartily regret it!

One thing is for sure, the lights and decorations on our estate, and in the village, are beautiful and it seems that everyone has really gone all out this year to cheer up their houses for Christmas! The trees on the green were also lit up with the solar lights, and looked wonderful twinkling away in the darkness!



No comments: