Monday 14 December 2020

Making progress!

Monday mornings roll around very quickly, but at least I was off work today! I really wanted to make the most of the time I had and was determined to get some jobs sorted out today. I also wanted to make inroads into my Christmas shopping!

Keith and I went out mid-morning and took our bedspread to the launderette, something I'd been meaning to do for ages. It cost £17 but it was well worth it to have it lovely and clean! From town, we drove to the bank and queued up, as per usual. I have never known a time when we haven't had to queue! One of the staff came down the line and asked us what we needed to do. I explained about being a signatory on my Mum and Dad's account, and that I was worried I hadn't received a debit card yet. She said I could try and sort it out online, so we left. I had no desire to hang about at the Weston Favell Centre!

We then popped to Jones's and bought wrapping paper, bottle bags, gifts for my parents, and bird food for our hungry feathered friends. Luckily it was quiet so we were able to meander around in peace and not get jostled! As we left people were pouring in, so I think we had a lucky escape!

We decided to go from town straight to get Mike from work and arrived a bit early. However, it was lovely to sit and relax for a while after our busy morning. Back home I had a quick lunch and pootled about for the rest of the afternoon. The weather today has been beautiful with blue skies and sunshine, but it's also been mild for the time of year. I really don't think a white Christmas is on the cards this year!



No comments: