Wednesday 18 March 2020

An early start

We all had a bit of a disturbed night as Mum called us at 2.30am to say she couldn't get my Dad back onto the recliner after a trip to the loo as there was a problem with the switch. We all went over because Keith had woken Mike in case we needed some brawn, and Sophie came as well to give support.

We managed to sort it all out and returned home where it took me ages to get back to sleep. Sophie woke me at about 6.30am as she was still going to the gym even though she was working from home. I got up, had a coffee and then tried to go back to sleep but I failed!

Before I knew it, Sophie was back and Keith returned from an early morning shopping trip to Tesco. He said it was busy even at the unearthly hour of 6am! He managed to get food for the rest of the week so won't now have to go tomorrow.

Sophie settled herself in the conservatory with her laptop and we did our best not to disturb her while she worked. Keith and I decided to pop over to the Weston Favell Centre as I needed to get a colour for my hair and I had a sudden urge to buy some towels as ours are shabby and horrible!

The Weston Favell Centre was still busy and after shopping in Tesco for the towels we went to Savers where a delivery of loo rolls had just arrived so the shop was rammed with people! We had to queue all the way around the shop so I picked up some other items while I waited!

I treated Keith to a coffee in Costa and bought some chocolate crispy cakes to take home. I was loathe to eat one there as I hadn't washed my hands and this is becoming a real issue at the moment. I try my utmost not to touch my face until I've got home and thoroughly washed my hands!

The weather today has been horrible and has matched our mood. It's been grey and drizzly with not a hint of sunshine at all but the forecast is looking good for the weekend, thankfully! We heard today that Glastonbury has been cancelled as has Eurovision which really made Sophie upset as she loves the show. What with that and her birthday trip to France cancelled, she is not happy!

After going to the Weston Favell Centre we called to see Mum and Dad and I said that maybe it was a good time to consider staying in the Hawthorns for a while, mainly because I knew they would be safe there and receive three meals a day. If the worst happened and we all had to stay at home it would be difficult for them to get out and do some shopping.

Back home Mike appeared and asked for a lift to Abbie's house in town so after a quick lunch, Keith and I took him. If anything, the weather was worse with a steady drizzle and horrible grey skies. Bring on the sunshine! We need a boost at the moment!

This evening, at the now daily press conference on the coronavirus, we learnt that all schools will be closed from Friday with exams cancelled. Every day we receive shocking news and I have a feeling that leisure centres and gyms will soon follow. Watch this space!






No comments: