Monday 2 March 2020

Sorting out...

I was surprised to see "heavy snow" forecast for during the night but we awoke to absolutely nothing and barely a frost. I was mightily relieved, as the thought of Sophie driving off into deep snow at 6am was slightly unnerving!

I went to work by myself this morning as dinner tonight is bubble and squeak and cold roast beef so Keith didn't have to go shopping. Work was busy and noisy as there were three of us answering the phones this morning!

At 2pm I sped home to change because I was going to Ruth's house to help with the recycling sort. There were just four of us helping today with two women I didn't know (one was a bit strange, to be honest and I had the strong feeling she didn't like me for some reason!). It was a bit messy but we managed to get it all done in under an hour and at least this time I had a cup of tea!

Back home Keith and I watched the end of the Bond film we'd started watching last night. The ending was very sad but it was the only outing for George Lazenby, who was replaced by Sean Connery again in Diamonds are Forever. I discovered that our cinema at work is screening the new Bond film from the 1 May (a month after it's released) but that will give us time to catch up!


No comments: