Thursday 12 March 2020

The saga of the loo paper!

Unusually for a Thursday, I took myself to work as Keith refused to go shopping this morning and then come and pick me up at 3pm - peak time for the Cheltenham races!

I discovered that the box office returns hadn't been completed on Monday as I'd assumed, so I stopped everything to do them - I just wish that the woman doing them had let me know! I was back on the phones at 1pm and issues about the coronavirus are starting to trickle through to us now. I happened to mention that we hadn't seen any loo paper in Tesco again yesterday and everyone said the same was true of their local supermarkets.

A bit later I went to the loo, and when I came out, Sheila was brandishing her phone at me saying that Nicola was in Tesco and had managed to grab two packs, the maximum she was allowed, and did I want them? Yes, I did! It caused great hilarity in the office when she returned so at least our sense of humour is not diminished!

At 3pm I hared off home and Keith met me at the door, all ready to go shopping. I had thought I'd have time to change but we went immediately as the time was getting on! We decided to go to Aldi first even though the shop was in the middle of Kettering and not really on the way! I will be so glad when the new one has been built opposite Tesco! We were lucky to find packs of loo paper available in the store so we now have enough to last us a couple of weeks. However, there was no pasta to be had anywhere!

We did half of our shopping and then drove the fair distance to Tesco where there was no loo paper, no flour, no pasta and definitely no hand sanitiser. I picked out some food for tomorrow night when Sue and Michelle are coming over for drinks and something to eat.

Coming out of Tesco we hit the rush hour traffic and it took us half an hour to drive a distance that would normally take less than a minute. The road going out of the car park was gridlocked! Before going home we called to see Mum and Dad and help them with a computer problem and then it was back to unpack and treat ourselves to a well-earned drink! It was almost 6.30pm!

No comments: