Sunday 15 March 2020

Mooching about...

Again, I was awake early this morning, much to my annoyance! After a slow start I made breakfast of beans on toast with the lovely sourdough bread I'd bought yesterday. It was delicious!

We've had rain for most of the day so not the sort of weather to go out and enjoy the garden. We mooched about the house for the morning and Keith was at a bit of a loss because there was no sport on at all - unprecedented!

At 2pm we collected Mum and took her for a cup of tea at Beckworth. We still had to queue for a table but the wait wasn't as long as it normally is. Sophie and I enjoyed tea with a slice of chocolate cake while Mum chose a scone with jam and a glass of Aperol Spritz. I think she definitely deserved it!

Although it was quite chilly, we walked around the garden centre part of Beckworth and I bagged some violas and pansies that were going cheap. Mum also bought some plants and I just hope the weather improves a bit so we can get them planted out.

We dropped Mum off and then returned home where we decided to go for a walk down to the village. The rain had cleared away and the late afternoon sky was a mix of greys and pinks. We walked down and it was lovely to get out into the fresh air and forget about our worries for a while.

Back home we relaxed and watched television until dinner. Keith cooked a beautiful beef casserole with dumplings for dinner and we sat and talked about meals for the rest of the week. We're just hoping there will be something left on the shelves!

No comments: