Tuesday 31 March 2020

Seeing friends

Day 8

Sophie ran around the estate this morning while I walked three laps. It was a gorgeous morning, but cold. The birds were out in full force, lucky things, and singing away!

After a breakfast of porridge with Sophie, Keith and I popped to Tesco for Mum as she needed a few things and we wanted some more milk and bread. I was dreading going, but it wasn't too bad. I had to queue outside for about ten minutes and we were allowed in only when a certain number had left. Again, there was a weird subdued air about the place but the staff were very helpful and polite. We had to queue for the checkouts and I said hello to Janine, one of our regular checkout ladies who always chats to us. To be honest I felt quite emotional when I saw her, and I never ever thought I would hanker after the good old days when we used to go shopping and things were normal! Walking past the empty, closed up Costa was also horrible.

We dropped the things off to Mum and I had a quick chat but I didn't see Dad. Maybe later in the week I'll go around and stand in the back garden to say hello.

Back home I pottered about doing little jobs and washed the kitchen window and the front door. I spotted Sue's car across the road so busied myself until she appeared. We then had a long chat from opposite sides of the road! She was doing well, still gardening and working so that was good news.

I spent the rest of the afternoon editing my 2012 blog and then jumped in the bath, which was heavenly. Sophie finished work and we caught up with Masterchef before cooking cod and vegetables for dinner.

After we'd eaten we fancied watching a film so we chose The Day After Tomorrow. It was eerie how prescient the film was, even though it was made sixteen years ago! Looking back, maybe it wasn't the best choice of films, but it was enjoyable nonetheless!

No comments: