Monday 9 March 2020

Pasta woes!

Keith was feeling much better this morning so he took me to work and then returned my blood pressure monitor to the GP surgery. We had a busy morning but at least three of us were answering the phones so it wasn't too bad.

At 2pm Keith collected me and we drove to see Mum and Dad. Mum had been having problems with her Tesco order but she'd sorted it out before we'd arrived. She still needed to get some bits so we took her to Kettering as we had to get our dinner for Tuesday and Wednesday. I was amazed to see the pasta aisle even more bare than Saturday, if that was possible! Even the expensive pasta had all gone!

Cheltenham is on this week so after today Keith will be glued to the television and has "booked" a week off! I am very glad it's going ahead and hasn't been cancelled because of the dreaded coronavirus, a word I am getting sick of!

Back home I hoovered upstairs and looked forward to a night of abstinence! Sophie and I sipped on sparkling water with our chilli con carne and we did feel very virtuous! Outside we had terrible weather - heavy rain and winds - but the forecast for the next few days is set to be drier and sunny. I am itching to get out into the garden and cut the lawn! I'm hoping Wednesday will be the day to do it!

No comments: