Sunday 8 March 2020

Rude people!

We had been planning to go to Stratford upon Avon today as we all felt we needed a break and we hadn't really celebrated our "anniversary" on Friday, but Keith came back to bed this morning feeling unwell. I was in the middle of a dream about flying to New Zealand so it was a bit of a rude awakening! He said he had stomach cramps so I left him in bed while I went downstairs to have a coffee.

It was clear that Keith was going nowhere today (far from a loo, anyway!) so we decided to stay put. Sophie wanted to go to Boots and we decided to have a quick breakfast, get ready and head out. I called Mike to say we could pick him up earlier than we had originally told him so at least we could relax this afternoon!

We went to Jones's first where I avoided buying rolls and rolls of loo paper (some people are stockpiling it!) and Sophie and I just bought a few bits that we needed. From Jones's we drove to Boots on Riverside and then called Mike to say we were on our way to pick him up.

Back home we enjoyed a duplicate lunch of yesterday and at about 3pm Sophie and I decided to go for a walk. Keith was feeling a little better and was wrapped up on the sofa with our thick bedspread.

Sophie and I walked up to the village and called to see the lambs on the way. They were so sweet! Today has been breezy and we've had a mix of sunny spells and cloud but at least it's stayed dry!
From the village we walked out onto the single track road and admired the views across the fields. We walked along the road for about twenty minutes and then turned back home.





In the distance we could see rain clouds and I predicted that it would rain very soon! As we neared our estate we passed a couple who we didn't recognise and both of us stepped off the path and into the road to make room for them. They passed us by without a word of thanks or even a nod or hello, which shocked us! Do they not know of the countryside code? Earlier we had stopped to chat with a man and his dog, and said hello to a woman from the village. It doesn't matter if you don't know someone when you pass them in the country, you always say hello!

We carried on and I said I hoped that the heavens would open and they would get drenched, as well as stepping into something nasty, a cowpat perhaps. I hoped very much that they weren't the new people who had just moved onto our estate!

My predictions proved correct when it started to rain hard just as we got home! Phew! The rest of the afternoon were spent relaxing and then I helped Sophie make a delicious Gino D'Acampo recipe - his sausage pasta with broccoli. We added some wine and a dollop of cream and it was gorgeous. Keith just ate some garlic bread as he still felt a bit wobbly and he certainly missed out!

No comments: