Wednesday 11 March 2020

The first cut...

I had a lovely slow start to the day but by 9am Keith and I were both in the garden. He attacked the trees in the back border and managed to cut them down to a more manageable size while I mowed the lawn. Although the grass was fairly dry, the ground itself was still wet so it was a hard slog! At one point all the grass clumped up underneath the blades and we had to dig it all out!

Keith had left the tree branches scattered all over the garden so I gathered them up and decided to cut them down and then leave them in a pile for the insects to use as a home. When we were finished the garden looked so much better - the first cut is always the hardest!

We popped to Tesco very quickly, as we needed some milk, and I treated myself to a tray of yellow pansies and some lavender plants. As soon as we were home I planted them in the garden using compost from our own heap! It looked great and Keith managed to turn over the top layers so it filtered down. The compost heap has slowed down over the winter but I'm hoping that with Spring here and warmer weather ahead, it will start decomposing a bit quicker.

After lunch in the sunny conservatory, I spent the afternoon hoovering out my car and then the rugs in the garage which were covered in leaves and mud from this morning. I then made a batch of flapjacks, so I have been very busy today!

Sophie and I enjoyed a non-alcoholic sparkling wine this evening and relaxed while Keith cooked roast chicken and all the trimmings. It was his choice to have a mid-week roast so we let him get on with it!
We do need a bit of colour!

No comments: