Wednesday 25 March 2020

"Every day is like Sunday..."

Day 2

Mum telephoned this morning to say she was really worried about my Dad as he seemed confused and his legs were stiff. She said she was going to ring the emergency number and try and get some help, and I just couldn't believe it was happening. I was unable to go over and see her and when she called later, she said that he was going into hospital, the last place any of us want to be at the moment.

To cut a long story short, he certainly won't be going into the Hawthorns today as he has a urine infection, which could account for him being a bit confused lately. I think the best course of action would be for him to come home when he's recovered, and they get some help in the house. Mum wanted to go to the hospital but I wouldn't let her, telling her to stay at home! Tough, but necessary.

Sophie ran around the estate while I walked four laps and it was another gorgeous morning. The birds were singing their little hearts out, and who blames them? They have no worries. When we got back, Keith went and did his walk and then we had cheesy scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast. Tomorrow we must go and get some shopping as we are running low on milk, bread, margarine, eggs and food for dinners.

I am so grateful today has been a glorious day and it was lovely to see the sunshine and the blue skies. I put washing out on the line and Keith did a pile of ironing. I put Mikey's bed back and then washed my car while Keith cut back one of the bushes at the front of the house. We were lucky to see Richard and Michelle returning from a walk and we had a long chat with them - from across the road! They are both working from home, which Sophie has been doing all day.

I do need to start planning things to do every day, though, as the last thing I want is to drift aimlessly through this isolation. Richard said this morning to be ready for three months of not being able to go out. How on earth will we all feel at the end of it? How many divorces will there be due to couples being cooped up together and not really getting on?

I know I said I liked being at home, but not like this!


No comments: