Tuesday 10 March 2020

Film woes!

I took myself to work this morning because today is the first day of Cheltenham, a sacred event in our house!

I was off the phones today and I concentrated on admin work before turning my attention to putting the next batch of films onto the system. I had just finished when our Marketing Manager appeared and said that Peter Rabbit 2 was the latest film to be postponed for a few months... arrgghh! We all decided to halt putting the films on for a while in case anyone else followed suit!

At 2pm I sped home and discovered that Keith hadn't had a brilliant day. The repair man came out to fix the oven but was totally useless and charged us almost £50 for doing absolutely nothing. He said the part we needed was obsolete, but Keith managed to find it on eSpares and promptly ordered it. He and Mike will fit it but the hinges still need fixing, so I was very annoyed indeed.

Keith had also had some money on a 12-1 horse that was doing well until another horse brought it down. Oh well! Mum had also phoned saying they had a problem with their freezer, but by the late afternoon it seemed to have resolved.

I busied myself with sorting out some payments and caught up with another couple of jobs. I am so looking forward to a day off tomorrow and tackling the garden! The weather still looks set to be dry and sunny, so fingers crossed!

No comments: