Sunday 29 March 2020

Spring Forward

Day 6

The clocks went forward by an hour last night and for once I wasn't grumpy about it! If I had my way they could have gone forward by months!

I woke up at 7am and it took a few minutes to realise that it was really 6am! Ho hum! Keith was already downstairs and I watched half an hour of Book Club, a film starring Diane Keaton and Jane Fonda, about a group of women of a certain age who meet up to discuss books. When they choose Fifty Shades of Grey, their lives undergo a bit of a change! It was great escapism!

The wind today has been bitterly cold so not an ideal day for going out into the garden. Mum wanted me to drop off a phone charger to Dad in hospital, so Keith and I went to get the Sunday papers and then called to see her to pick it up. She was finding it very difficult this morning and reports on the news didn't help by saying that we could be facing this lockdown until June. It will feel like half the year has been wasted!

The hospital was very quiet indeed and after talking to a man on reception, a trio of nurses appeared and managed to phone the ward and show me which way I had to go. The ward was right down at the other end of the hospital and it was spookily quiet. As soon as I had dropped the charger off, I raced back to the car and we sped home on empty roads. Before having breakfast I showered and washed all my clothes again, just to be on the safe side!

We did manage to venture out for a quick walk (Sophie ran)  and said hello to various neighbours. Back at home Sophie made a delicious chocolate chip and banana loaf which we enjoyed with a cup of tea and we also prepared tonight's dinner of Coq au Vin.

I finished transferring my 2012 blog onto a word document and mooched about for the rest of the afternoon reading the newspapers, even though I said I wouldn't!

Dinner was delicious and afterwards we watched a bit of Antiques Roadshow. It was like witnessing a different world... people milling about in the sunshine, standing close to one another and acting normally. How I wish it was like that now!

No comments: