Saturday 28 March 2020

What day is it?

Day 5

It's the weekend, but at the moment, it could be any day of the week! After another lazy start to the day (although I was awake early again) Sophie and I went out to get some essentials - the newspaper (the first since Tuesday, but at the moment, I really don't like reading it), milk and eggs for Mum who was running low, and flour so Sophie could make a cake.

I was dreading going to the shops but the reality was OK at the One Stop Shop in Mawsley and the Co-op in Broughton. No stern lectures on what we could or couldn't do, so that was a relief!

The weather today has been overcast and cold, with an insistent wind that prevents us from going out into the garden. My left foot is hurting, which is a complete nuisance because it's stopping me from going for a walk. I think it's a return of the plantar fasciitis I've had in the past. I relieved it then by going into the jacuzzi at Virgin and training the water jets onto my foot, but I really don't have that option now! I'm hoping Ibuprofen gel will alleviate it a bit!

I spent a lot of time transferring my blog onto a word document and 2012 is now almost finished. If this "lockdown" carries on, I will probably get all of the blogs up until 2019 made into books!

Sophie and Keith made Paella for dinner and there was another "virtual" pub session with our neighbours, which was very enjoyable. We are relying heavily on Facebook, WhatsApp, the telephone and texts at the moment to keep in touch with family and friends.

After dinner Keith and I watched Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway. We are recent converts as the show is pure escapism and very funny. Obviously tonight they were presenting it from their own homes (last week they were at the studios but there was no audience) so we saw clips from previous programmes, including a hilarious piece where they played a trick on Gordon Ramsay!

No comments: