Tuesday 29 January 2019

The measure of it...

This morning it was very frosty indeed and Sophie returned home after setting off to the gym as her windscreen had frozen en route! I went out to help her clear the ice away in my dressing gown...heaven knows what I looked like!

It was a beautiful morning, but snow was forecast for later, just like last week! Work was OK but I was glad to get home and at about 3pm a man arrived to measure up for our carpets. Monty gave him a really strange look but when the man took out his laser measuring tool and showed the cat the little red light, Monty was entranced!

He was very thorough and said he would either phone or email the quote over to us as soon as possible. We are waiting with bated breath and just hope it's not too expensive!

After he went we popped to Brixworth to get a newspaper as Keith has been stuck in now for two days as I've been driving myself to work. We looked at the skies anxiously but it didn't really start snowing until about 5pm, just after Sophie arrived home, thank goodness!


No comments: