Sunday 6 January 2019

An indulgent Sunday!

After a long lie-in (it was almost 9am when I woke up!) Keith and I went to get the Sunday newspapers and called to see Mum and Dad for a coffee.

When we returned home we had a late breakfast and after we'd eaten and cleared away, Sophie and I sorted out her car insurance. She had been quoted just over £800 by her current insurers so we did a bit of shopping about and managed to reduce it to just over £750. However, when she phoned her insurers to cancel the policy they reduced her quote quite a bit! It just shows it works to shop around rather than accept a new quote!

I had a long soak in the bath and afterwards I applied slippery masks to the underside of my eyes, supposedly to reduce puffiness! I looked great! Sophie made me a cocktail so we decided to abandon our usual Sunday walk and sit and watch Who Wants to be a Millionaire instead! To be honest, the weather has been grey and dull so we weren't really in the mood to get out anyway!

Mike arrived home with Gemma (they'd been shopping) and bought Sophie a vegan sausage roll, which is kind of weird to me...but it tasted lovely and as Sophie and I were ravenous (we hadn't eaten much all day) it went down very well!

Sophie and I made a start on tonight's dinner - braised steaks with gravy - and cooked them for two minutes on each side before resting them in our new flame-proof casserole dish. We then fried onions, garlic and mushrooms and added stock and tomato puree to the steaks before letting them cook slowly for about an hour and a half. We also cooked some skinny chips in Keith's new air fryer as well as carrots and broccoli. With the gravy it was delicious!





No comments: