Monday 28 January 2019

Vegan nightmare!

Soph went off to the gym this morning and I followed her an hour later. Keith was still tucked up in bed!

A narrow lane that I use every morning to avoid a busy crossroads has been closed because of roadworks so I took a different route to work today, which actually proved a lot better!

Work was busy and the time passed quickly - always a bonus! I drove home at 2pm and decided to hoover downstairs and tidy the house. It's been a beautiful day today but very cold. More wintry weather is due later in the week when we might have some snow.

After Sophie arrived home I had a soak in the bath and then we cooked supper - a vegan Mac 'n' Cheese, which turned out to be a disaster, I'm afraid. I have a feeling it's because we didn't follow the recipe too closely (we added more potatoes for example). Also, we were supposed to have soaked the cashew nuts overnight and we didn't do that! Sophie took one mouthful and refused to eat any more and it was a good thing we had prepared some (non-vegan) garlic bread!

No comments: