Sunday 27 January 2019

A very cold walk!

We had a lazy start to our Sunday, which is just how I like it! Sophie wanted to go the gym so I said I would take her and pop into Tesco while she was working out. Just before we left Mike called and asked us to pick him up from Creaton so we made a diversion and went there first. It meant he had to accompany me, but at the Weston Favell Centre he opted to stay in the car and snooze! He'd had a late night!

I bought various ingredients in Tesco to make our own hummus and the baked porridge we all love. I filled up with diesel and then it was time to collect Sophie from the gym.

We spent the afternoon catching up with little jobs and went out for a walk with Monty before the sun set. It was bitterly cold with a freezing wind so we wrapped up very well! Monty came with us for one lap (we actually did three altogether) then it was home for a small cocktail and a snooze on the sofa.

Keith made roast lamb tonight for dinner and it was a real treat. Now that we are having roasts about once a month, they are much more of an event, rather than a weekly meal. The dinner was delicious and we drank a smooth and fruity Cotes du Rhone wine to accompany it. I can't believe our lovely weekend is over!

No comments: