Wednesday 16 January 2019

A busy day off!

It was lovely to have today off but I was awake at 6am and saw Sophie off to the gym. Mike had an interview with Aldi today so we got him up in plenty of time and left the house at 9am.

We dropped him off at the supermarket in Kingsthorpe and Keith and I went to Waitrose as I needed some wedding paper. I wanted to send off a present to my friend Lesley in New Zealand because her daughter, Stephanie, is getting married in February. While we were there I bought some vegan ham and we checked out the rest of the vegan offerings. However, I don't want us to rely on vegan meat as that seems like a cop-out!

Mike called us to say he was finished and he agreed to walk up and meet us at the Costa Coffee next door. I treated him to a drink and a square of Millionaire's shortbread, but he thinks he mucked up the interview by getting one of the maths questions wrong...

We took him home and I wrapped up the parcel destined for New Zealand, hoping that it would get there in time! Once it was all ready, Keith and I drove over to the Weston Favell Centre as I had a contact lens check booked at Boots. Keith said he would go to the post office for me and I went in and had my eyes checked by the optician who has lowered my prescription again!

We'd arranged to meet Sophie after my appointment and we did a quick shop while she was on her way. It was back to Costa again where Sophie bought me a sandwich for lunch, bless her. The seating area was frozen, though, probably because it was open to the lower ground floor, which itself it open to the elements. The weather is set to get a lot colder over the next few days with even a possibility of snow.

We caught sight of my parents leaving the travel agents so I ran to get them and they joined us for five minutes. They'd been looking at cruises which I thought was a great idea, but I do think they needed to do some research first. They showed me the booking details and thankfully they hadn't paid anything!

Sophie said goodbye and went back to work and Keith and I drove home through driving rain. It really was a horrible day! Back home I had a look at reviews for the ship Mum and Dad were planning on going on and I was not impressed. I called them and told them where to look - www.cruisecritic.com - and let them make up their own minds, but I don't think it was the ship for them, to be honest!




No comments: