Friday 11 January 2019

Phew! It's Friday!

Today, work was uneventful and I was glad I was busy with lots of admin work as the phone was much quieter than yesterday. I was surprised when one of the receptionists popped into the office as my Mum had dropped off some pillowcases for me! She'd given me a beautiful teal coloured bedspread last weekend and had washed the pillow cases to go with it. I went out to see them doing their aerobics but they had left early, as I later found out.

In the afternoon I pottered about and felt tired and achy again in the evening. Keith and Mike went off to the pub and Sophie and I prepared tomorrow night's dinner - spare ribs. We had to prepare a paste of salt, star anise and orange rind to rub into them and then leave them to marinate overnight. It was quite messy but the smells were lovely and more Christmassy than anything.

We managed a glass of wine and half an hour of 90 Day Fiance before Sophie made a start on tonight's dinner of chicken curry and I went off to collect Keith. I hadn't fancied dinner at all, but once I'd had some, I felt better. I was just glad it was Friday night, though, and the weekend beckoned!

No comments: