Wednesday 9 January 2019

Two days in one...

Keith drove me to work on Tuesday as Mike was at Gemma's house and we had a suspicion he would call to ask for a lift home.

Work was fine and we were kept busy by all the phone calls and admin work. Keith and Mike picked me up at 2pm and we called into Tesco to post a parcel for Sophie and I treated the boys to some beer. I also bought a wedding present for my friend Lesley's daughter who is getting married in February in New Zealand. I would loved to have gone, but at least we can send them something in our place!

On Wednesday, I took Sophie to Mum and Dad's house as she was meeting her manager there before going to Worcestershire, to visit an Open Prison for the day. I dropped her off and sped home as we had to take ET to the garage to have her rear end fixed! Driving in the school run traffic was no fun and I don't miss doing this at all! It took us almost an hour to get into town, drop the car off and head back out to the Weston Favell Centre where we had a quick coffee as I was starting work at 9.30am, and covering for a colleague.

Keith picked me up at 2pm and we toyed with the idea of staying in town until 4pm, when we could pick up the car, but we went home instead as I knew we would just spend money!

We were delighted with the job again and ET's rear back bumper looks as good as new. We drove home and within minutes Sophie had arrived home as well, which was a bonus! She'd had a good day and said the Open Prison building was lovely and set in parkland and looked more like a luxury hotel!


No comments: