Wednesday 30 January 2019

Mrs Grumpy...

Sophie went off to work at 8am this morning, rather than 6.30am as it was very cold and frosty. Although we had some snow last night, it didn't really do much and we have just a light dusting on the hedgerows and fields. The roads were clear but I still told Sophie to take it easy.

Keith and I went shopping at 9.30am and called to see Mum and Dad on the way. We took them some of the chocolate birthday cake I'd bought for Mike and my Mum told me she'd had two teeth out and a filling from our new dentist. We're due to see him in February but now I'm even more wary than I was before!

Shopping took us a long time as we had to scrutinise every packet - it's amazing how much food contains milk and eggs! We bought loads (and I mean loads) of vegetables, fruit and nuts as well as some hummus and crackers. Vegan food is so expensive as well! A pouch of vegan cheese to use on our "cottage" pie over the weekend was about £3!

We arrived home at midday, put most of the shopping away and went down to see Sophie. We had lunch in Costa (a sausage roll apiece for Keith and I!) and I had two decaffeinated coffees as they were so delicious! Afterwards we visited Boots and Wilco's and after dropping Sophie back at work, we visited a bathroom showroom on Brackmills that was very expensive. We would like to replace the sink in our cloakroom as it has a crack in the pedestal, but the price of one in the showroom was astounding!

We also had a look in Screwfix before going home...and getting caught in the 2pm rush hour traffic! Keith's hours, once upon a time, used to be 6am until 2pm and judging by the amount of people flooding out of the estate, it's a shift that is still used widely, especially in all the warehouses on Brackmills!

I decided to go a different way, and tried to get the car washed, but the automated ones were closed because of the cold weather. Back home I sorted out the kitchen cupboards and Keith suggested we walk down to the pub and meet Sophie there as I was in a really grumpy mood! And we haven't even started our vegan diet yet!

We walked down and it was the most relaxed I felt all day. The sky was was stunning mix of purples, pinks and indigo and I couldn't resist taking a photo of the trees outlined against the sunset.



We sat in the pub and chatted and Sophie joined us for a drink. It was very cosy and relaxing, the highlight of my day!

At home Sophie cooked a vegetable curry (I'd prepared all the vegetables earlier) and it was truly delicious. We didn't miss the meat at all!

No comments: