Thursday 17 January 2019

A brief snow flurry...

This morning it snowed for a little bit but had stopped by the time I left for work, although I had to scrape the car! Keith took Sophie in as she is going out with Alice and Sophia tonight and wanted us to drop her into town after work. I drove myself and took a big pack of tissues with me because I have developed a horrible cold. I think I caught it from Joanne who I trained last Thursday... it started on my birthday and has just got worse so I'm very annoyed, as I was hoping not to get a cold this winter!

Work passed pleasantly enough but I was glad to go home and get warm. I didn't feel like doing anything as I was so stuffed up so it was lovely to loll on the sofa for an hour until it was time to go and get Sophie from work.

The snow of this morning had given way to sunshine and blue skies but it was very cold. The evenings seem to be getting lighter now and I can't wait for sunny mornings and knowing Sophie will be driving home when it's still daylight.

We got to her office on the dot of 5pm because of roadworks on the dual carriageway (I did a diversion) and then we dropped her off in town where Alice lives. Back home we relaxed for a while (I had a glass of Sherry while watching a recorded episode of Delicious...bliss!) and Keith made dinner of pie and peas, even though I didn't really feel like eating.

It was back out again at 10.00pm to pick her up and take Sophia home. The girls had been to a new Chinese restaurant in town and had enjoyed cocktails at a bar opposite to where Alice lives so had had a great time.

We arrived back home at 11pm and it was straight to bed for me!

No comments: