Monday 28 May 2018

More painting!

Sophie was working today so we dropped her off as I wanted to get my car washed. The weather's been disappointingly overcast and grey which is typical seeing as I worked the last Bank Holiday and it was lovely!

As soon as we returned home I made a start on glossing the woodwork in Sophie's room. I really didn't want to do it as I hate glossing and I was terrified I was going to get paint on her new quilt or curtains! However, I listened to Radio 2 and soon I was almost finished. I just left the section of skirting board by her shelving unit until she decides what she's going to do with the furniture.

When I'd finished I went and had a shower and then Keith and I went to the tip with her old bedding and the packaging from her headboard. As expected it was busy and by now the sun had made an appearance and the weather had improved dramatically. We popped in to see Mum and Dad and take them a newspaper and stayed for a cold drink as it was getting quite warm!

From Mum's we drove to pick up Sophie and returned home to play cards in the conservatory and enjoy a drink in the sunshine. We had a simple dinner of soup and crusty bread and then it was time to relax before bed. Just as we decided to retire for the night I suggested we hang Sophie's new curtains and they looked fab!

No comments: