Saturday 12 May 2018

Frustrated!

After dropping Sophie off at work this morning I called into my work as I'd left my notebook behind yesterday! As it contains quite a bit of personal information (I write my blog entries into it sometimes!) I had to go and retrieve it! I had a quick chat with Sara and Sue and managed to get Sara two hours off as she was complaining about being there all day! Sue said she would work until 4pm so that was a bonus for her! Without our conversation, this wouldn't have happened!

On the way home I dropped Keith off at Pitsford before going to pick my Mum up to take her shopping in Kettering. She said she would be an hour so I bought the newspaper and enjoyed a Flat White and a chocolate twist in Costa while I waited.

After I'd dropped her at home I made a start on our bedroom as it was way overdue for a good clean! I cleaned the windows and dusted everywhere before giving it a good hoover and then carrying on to the landing.

After hoovering downstairs and having a quick, late lunch I went to collect Sophie from work as she was finishing early today. It's Eurovision tonight! When we arrived home we started to get all the ingredients out for making Pavlova when I realised we didn't have enough caster sugar and no cornflour! We had to slosh over to the nearest shop in the rain and buy what we needed before heading home to make the dessert.

I whisked the egg whites while Sophie slowly added the sugar and after putting in the white wine vinegar, vanilla essence and cornflour it went into the oven on a low heat for an hour. While it cooked Keith, Sophie and I played cards in the conservatory and enjoyed a glass or red wine as Keith is cooking Beef Stroganoff tonight. I helped him finish the dish and it was delicious - really creamy and the beef was very tender.

We settled down to watch Eurovision, this year coming from Lisbon. Our song was 9th and we were shocked to see a man run onto the stage and grab the microphone out of SuRie's hand while she sang. She coped very well - I would have been terrified!

As always there were some weird and wacky songs and we all thought that Israel's entry was bizarre! However, it was one of the favourites to win...and it did! Again, we were frustrated and angry that the UK had so few votes and we came fourth from bottom which was disgraceful as I thought our song was very good. Perhaps it is true that the rest of Europe hate us!

No comments: