Monday 7 May 2018

A very quiet cinema!

I was working today, but from 9am until 2pm so it wasn't too bad! Of course, the weather was gorgeous but the phones weren't that busy and we mostly had calls about opening times and when the swimming pools were available for general swims!

I sped home at 2pm and sat in the garden for a while with Sophie and Keith. It was utterly lovely! We did go in for a short while and we watched a wonderful programme about extraordinary houses and the episode we saw featured houses in Florida. They were so beautiful! It gave me inspiration for our own house and I'm determined to add some exotic plants to our conservatory and introduce a small water feature in the garden.

We sat back outside for a little while and dangled our feet in a large bowl of cold water! It was bliss! I also made us a non-alcoholic drink with lime juice and elderflower tonic water and filled the glasses with ice and lime wedges. It almost made us feel, when we closed our eyes, that we were back in our favourite part of the world!

In the evening Mike, Sophie and I went out for a meal in town as we were off to the Errol Flynn to see A Quiet Place. We were going to eat at Foodies Rocks but we thought it would be difficult sharing the small portions of food so we went to Akasaka instead. We ordered starters of Yaki Gyoza (Sophie's fried dumplings filled with chicken and vegetables), deep fried squid (me) and skewered chicken thighs (Mike). Mike and I enjoyed Sapporo beers as Sophie was driving!

For our mains, Sophie and I had the spicy Katsu chicken curry which didn't disappoint while Mike had an absolutely delicious chicken Ramen served in a bowl which was full to bursting with vegetables, chicken and noodles. We had to help him finish it!

After Sophie and I indulged in a dessert and paid the bill, we walked the short distance to the cinema and collected our tickets. Not many people had booked to see the film and I have never known the cinema to be so silent! The film was fantastic, but very scary and we were literally jumping out of our seats at quite a few scenes! I thought the acting was tremendous and you could tell that Emily Blunt and John Krasinski are a real-life husband and wife.

We emerged, a little shell-shocked, at 10.30pm and drove home discussing the film. We'd all enjoyed it tremendously!

No comments: