Wednesday 16 May 2018

A new little friend!

We woke up to grey skies today, which was a bit of a shock! We've got so used to blue skies and sunshine lately!

Sophie and I picked Mum up at 9.30am so she could go and get her nails done. She wasn't in the best frame of mind this morning and I think that looking after my Dad is tiring her out. Sophie drove us and we headed to a dodgy part of town where the nail technician lives. We dropped her off and went to get some petrol before parking at the Weston Favell Centre and walking over to the pharmacy to pick up my Mum's prescription.

We had to wait a while so rather than go for coffee while Mum was having her nails done, we went back and idled away half an hour in the car outside the house, deciding to treat Mum when she was finished. We made friends with a little cat who'd been lying on a mat in the road and he/she was really friendly, jumping into the car and kneading my chest! Sophie talked me through her topics for her exam tomorrow so the time went by quite quickly.

When Mum emerged we headed off to the Costa in Next at Riverside, but it was packed so we walked over to their other branch instead. Sophie and I had an early lunch and coffee and we chatted with Mum about how she felt. I think she's taking it quite hard that she can't go out for a while but I said it wouldn't be forever. A close friend of theirs has just suffered a stroke and can't walk but at least Dad should be up and back to normal soon.

On the way home we popped into the Co-op in the village so Mum could get some groceries and then it was home for a cup of tea and a muffin before I went to the school.

We stayed out in the playground for a while today but it was very chilly so we headed in and put on a DVD for the children. When the session was over it was home to play cards and enjoy a drink in the conservatory. The weather brightened up a bit, which was a bonus!

No comments: