Friday 25 May 2018

A dearth of children!

We awoke to a horrible grey day and the weather didn't improve at all. By lunchtime it was misty and murky!

Work was OK but I was glad to speed home and have a quick chat with Keith. My Dad had phoned to say that my Mum wasn't feeling well (side effects of her medication, I think) so I said that I'd go and see them if we didn't have any children attend the after-school club. Lisa had texted me to say we had no-one booked in earlier in the day, the first time in three years!

I arrived to find Lisa hoovering the hall so I mopped the floor and by the time I'd finished the final bell had rung. We waited in case any parents were running late but by 3.30pm it was clear our services weren't needed so we were free to go!

I drove over to see Mum and Dad and spent two hours with them having a good chat. I think my Mum is exhausted at the moment looking after Dad and that she misses being able to go out and do some shopping and enjoy a coffee with her friends, Garry and Gloria. Garry is also ill at the moment as he had a stroke about two months ago so it's a bad time for all of them.

I left my parents and 5.30pm and drove to pick up Sophie who was at work. She was due to finish at 6pm but had to carry on until 6.30pm as they'd been so busy and four people had called in sick! We finally arrived home at almost 7pm, much later than I'd been expecting!

We hastily finished off the dinner of spaghetti bolognese and dashed off to collect Keith and Mike who gone for a drink as well. It was heaven to get home and look forward to three days off!

No comments: