Saturday 26 May 2018

A spot of painting

Keith and I went over to Mum and Dad's house this morning and tidied up their front garden which was a mess. The grass was long and there were some monster weeds in their front verge so it was way overdue a good seeing to.

Keith strimmed the small areas of grass and then mowed them while I pulled out all the weeds and turned over the soil. Luckily they have bark down so that keeps some of the weeds at bay but there were a few huge ones!

Keith then mowed the back lawn and I swept everything up - we nearly filled the garden wheelie bin! Mum and Dad were really pleased and looked relieved that it had all been done. We left at 11.30am, sped home to have a late breakfast and then made a start on Sophie's bedroom.

She'd been painting all week so I cleaned her window and sanded down the sill ready for glossing. I did that and then managed to paint quite a bit of her wall. Keith tidied up the tops of the walls so we were really pleased we'd made some progress. Tomorrow we plan to finish the emulsion and get Keith to make up her new headboard for her bed. I'm leaving all the skirting boards and the door until Monday!

As well as doing that I'd changed my bed so a bath was very welcome. I wallowed in the lovely hot soapy water while Keith tried to fix the light in the bathroom which had stopped working. Replacing it was very difficult but when Keith eventually managed to fit a new one it wouldn't work either! What a pain!

We went to get Sophie from work and then it was home for a well-earned drink while Keith prepared the dinner. After we'd eaten he watched the Champions League Final while I dozed on the sofa. It had been a busy day!

No comments: