Wednesday 2 May 2018

Back to the gloom...

We awoke to grey skies and heavy rain today which matched my mood. So much for the happiness I felt yesterday!

Keith and I went to collect Mum and we all went over to Kettering to do some shopping. The rain was relentless and I got soaked helping Mum in and out of the car. We went to Aldi first and then Tesco and while Mum was shopping Keith and I had a coffee in Costa.

We dropped her back home and I said I would take her to the hospital in the afternoon. We didn't know what time his operation would be but she wanted to see him before he went. I picked her up at about 1.30pm and gave her the bus timetables from near her house to the hospital. I won't be able to take her on Thursday and Friday as I'm working all day but the bus goes every hour and takes just ten minutes. She has a bus pass, bless her, so it'll be free!

We parked in the horrible car park (low ceilings and dark) and found Dad's ward. He looked very pale and frail and was obviously drugged up to the eyeballs to help with the pain. He was also sleepy so we didn't stay long and as we were about to leave the nurses arrived to take him down to theatre.

By now, the weather had cleared up and the sun had come out, so that was a bonus. I dropped my Mum off and had a quick sandwich at home before going to school. We managed to get out into the playground and dodge the showers!

As soon as I was finished I picked up Sophie and we went to get Mike from Brixworth. It was bliss to finally get home and have a drink and a game of cards in the conservatory to relax!

No comments: