Saturday 19 May 2018

Hard work!

We dropped Sophie off at work this morning and then popped to the Weston Favell Centre as we needed a sauce for tomorrow night's dinner and the Tesco there stocks the Finest Mushroom and Marsala version we all like.

Once home, Keith made bacon baps for breakfast and then I tackled Sophie's car while the men made a start on our filthy conservatory. I was hoping to finish in time to see Meghan Markle arrive at the church for her wedding, but being outside meant I had a chat with every neighbour that passed by! I did make it inside to see her arrive, though, but felt sad that she walked the first part on her own. It would have been lovely, in my opinion, for her to have arrived with her mum and then meet Prince Charles half way.

I watched a little bit of the ceremony and then went back outside to finish the car. I applied some polish to the scratches on the bumper and it looked way better than it did when we first noticed the damage on Thursday evening.

When it was all finished and gleaming, I helped Keith with the conservatory. He had decided to use our jet washer which just dislodged all the dead leaves and muck from one side to the other. When we thought we'd finished one side it became all dirty again. It was a thankless task and very hard work, especially as the weather today has been beautiful, warm and sunny. I started from the double doors leading onto the gravel garden and worked my way around, following Keith as he manually cleaned the glass roof as far up as he could. I washed the windows and the window sills and all the surrounds and when we eventually finished it did look a lot better! At least we cleaned off the bird muck and removed the small trees that were growing in the guttering!

I tidied up the garden and swept the paths and we relaxed for a little while. My mum called to say that her feet were swollen so I advised her to try and put them up or soak them in a cool bowl. The last thing I need at the moment is her being ill and not able to look after my Dad!

I took Sophie's car when I picked her up and she was delighted with how much better the bumper looked. It will do until we get it repaired properly. We arrived home and watched some more of the Royal Wedding as Sophie had asked me to record it. I'm glad I did as it was great to see the ceremony and the crowds of people who had turned out in the sunshine to see them get married!

No comments: