Tuesday 8 May 2018

Enjoying the sunshine!

We awoke to another beautiful day, with clear blue skies and plenty of sunshine. Keith and I took Mike to college and on the way home I dropped him at the Pitsford car park so he could walk home.

I mowed the front verge, which took me all of two minutes. As the soil was quite dry I didn't do any digging but just swept up the dead leaves and tidied up. I'm hoping for a decent rainfall so I can put some grass seed down to fill the bare patches.

Sophie and I had showers before Keith got home and as soon as he was changed we went to Jones's to get some things we needed. I wanted more compost (until mine is ready!) and some bird food for our voracious feathered friends who are feeding their young.

On the way home we called into the Co-op to get some lunch and I was amazed that it was so late when we arrived back! Mum had called to say that she needed a lift to the hospital but she called again to say that my Dad was able to go home today, which was a relief! I said we'd go and get him after I finished work this evening and get him settled back at home.

Work was fine and we spent the entire session out in the playground. The boys all played together really well and Lisa and I sat with three of the girls and had a good chat. It was very pleasant sitting in the sun and enjoying the warmth!

At 6pm I dashed home and Keith and I went to get my Mum. At the hospital I went up to the ward with Mum and then took all Dad's stuff back down to the car, which included a Zimmer frame for him to use. Keith and I then drove around to the entrance and, with the help of a nurse, we managed to get him into the car. I was glad that tricky bit was over! We were able to get him out of the car OK and he sat on a chair in the kitchen to catch his breath as he'd found it quite an ordeal.

As soon as they were both settled and OK we drove home and sat in the conservatory with a drink, to plan the rest of the week's menus. Sophie and I are cooking a Thai Yellow Curry on Sunday which needs a whole new range of ingredients, including Kafir Lime Leaves and fish sauce!


No comments: