Friday 4 May 2018

A tad stressful!

I was on my own at work this morning as Kathy was off sick and Sara took a day's holiday. Luckily, Aly helped out when the phone calls became a bit mad and I was able to do the box office returns with a little help. Luckily we didn't have a huge amount of calls, but one woman wanted to book all four of her children into the holiday playscheme in May and that took a fair time to sort out!

It was a relief when my shift ended but there were five calls waiting at 2pm so Aly had to help out! I sped home in a stress and had a chat with Sophie and Keith and then it was off to the school for the last time this week. We were watching Firehouse Dog but the children didn't seem that interested with it and at one point I switched it off as they were all fidgeting and chatting! I sometimes think they're not at all interested in watching the film, but who can blame them on a day like today when the weather was lovely?

After the film Lisa took them out into the playground while I cleared up and mopped the floor. When I went out several mums had arrived but seemed content to chat endlessly rather than just go home! One mum seems to think Lisa wants to cuddle her baby every time she picks up her older child and sent her husband to get him from nursery! Honestly! Lisa and I just wanted them to collect their offspring and go home as we've been looking after them all week, and as much as we like the children, on a Friday it's time to say goodbye!

I drove home and Sophie poured me a large glass of wine as Keith was driving himself to the pub and then going to see Sileby's last game of the season afterwards. Sophie, Mike and I enjoyed cold meats, salad and new potatoes for dinner and then my daughter and I settled down to watch The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Keith came home at about 10pm elated that they had won! It's been so long so he treated himself to a beer and a chicken sandwich to celebrate!

No comments: