Tuesday 22 May 2018

Extra hours.

I was in at work today and covering for a colleague who was on holiday. It was quieter than yesterday but the time still flew by and I was relieved to be finished as both Keith and Sophie had had to take my Mum to the doctor's about her swollen feet.

Sophie had been driven mad by the delay in the pharmacy and both of them had spent all morning dealing with the doctor and ferrying my Mum about so I felt really guilty. I was very grateful, though, and promised Sophie a lunch in Pizza Express! I had arranged to work this day ages ago and if I'd known what would happen with my Dad I'd never have agreed to work it. It does worry me about my new job which is full-time so we will have to put systems in place. Hopefully, my Dad will be able to drive again by the time I start.

Sophie and Keith had stripped all the wallpaper off her bedroom walls and had planned to make a start on the painting over the next few days so that was good. I went to school and we spent the whole session outside again which was great but I do think it would be nice for the children to have some new toys to play with!

Keith and Sophie met me from work and we had a drink in the pub, sitting in the garden and enjoying the early evening sunshine. I had a Cherry Cider which was different and Keith sampled a very cold pint of lager, unusual for him!

No comments: