Thursday 17 May 2018

A horrible shock...

We had a very quiet session at work today as there was only Sue, Sheila and myself in the office. There had been an overturned lorry on the A45 so that had held up a couple of managerial staff who decided to go to another centre. I didn't mind...the peace and quiet was lovely!

The weather has gone back to being sunny and bright and at the school we were outside for the whole session. It is still a bit chilly, though, but it was lovely looking up at the sky and seeing the gorgeous clouds. We were at school right up until 6pm today which was typical as we were all going out in the evening to celebrate Sophie's exam being over. She had popped in to see me at the school and had said it had gone better than expected so that was a relief!

As soon as I got home we sped off into town and managed to find a space opposite The Lamplighter. It was quiet so we grabbed a table in the corner and had a good look at the menu. We were all pretty hungry so we ordered a round of garlic bread and chilli nachos to start. Keith had fish and chips, the children had burgers while I had a chicken burger which was huge! I had to give some of it away to Sophie and Mike in the end! The food was delicious and we definitely didn't have any room for pud so we drove home and received a bit of a shock...Sophie's car had been bumped on the back right hand side and there was a sizeable dent and several scratches. I was totally shocked as I'd driven the car today and hadn't noticed any damage when I drove home from work on both occasions.

Keith said that the damage must have been caused while the car was parked on the street in the village, and that someone had obviously pulled in to wait for a car coming the other way and had clipped the back of ET when they pulled out to go around it. Sophie was so upset and was crying and shouting about it, which made me feel terrible as the car had been my responsibility today. Little ET is her pride and joy and she was furious that someone could damage it and not even say anything.

It was a subdued end to our evening which was a real shame. Hopefully, we can get a quote from a car bodywork repair business and they can sort it out for us. I just hope it doesn't cost a fortune!

No comments: