Saturday 5 May 2018

Getting rid of rubbish...finally!

We awoke to a beautiful day and after dropping Sophie off at work and buying some baps for tonight's burgers, we headed home to catch up with some chores.

As Mike was at home this morning, I decided to take a load of rubbish we had in the garage to the tip, including our old washing machine that had been in there for nearly a year! It felt very satisfying to be finally rid of all the old stuff we no longer wanted and Keith drove my car while I followed behind. We needed Mike's help unloading it and the back seat was taken up with the old bits and bobs.

Predictably, the tip was busy with people unloading their rubbish and garden waste and after dumping it all (mostly in the recycling skips) we headed home. As a treat, Keith took Mike to the pub for a couple of beers while I showered and then picked my Mum up to take her to the hospital.

Dad was looking quite cheerful and we had a laugh while we visited him to cheer him up. It was a glorious day outside and I only wish we could have taken him downstairs and sat him in the sunshine for a while. He still looks pale and has that horrible hospital pallor. Hopefully, he will be home soon and able to sit in the garden while Mum looks after him.

After we'd visited, we popped to Tesco and I bought a bottle of Tequila for Sophie as a thank you as she's been a great help recently. I treated Mike to a few bottles of Jack Daniels Cider and bought some Vodka for myself. I feel a couple of cocktails coming on tonight!

Back at Mum's house I helped her with her Tesco order which will be delivered on Monday. From now on she should find it easier to order and all her favourites will be stored so she can just order them every week. Thank goodness for supermarket deliveries!

I collected Sophie from work at 6pm and it was home to relax and enjoy the sunshine. We played cards in the conservatory and then cooked delicious burgers under the grill. Our barbecue is out of action so I think it's time to get a new one!

No comments: