Friday 27 April 2018

Told off!

At work this morning, Sara asked me to go to the reception area of the building for a little chat and I was really worried I'd done something wrong! However, she wanted to tell me that wearing jeans would no longer be allowed and thought it was a good idea to tell me before an official email went out! I was OK with it but felt it was a bit silly as we are all closeted away in the office and never get to see any of the customers we talk to! It had never been mentioned to me in the past about the rule so I hadn't known. However, she also mentioned a supervisor's job that will be coming up soon and thought I should apply, so that was a good thing!

This is the second little telling off I've had this week and it's really down to poor communication (not that I'm looking for excuses!). At school on Tuesday I'd missed a short training session on the use of epi-pens but as I'm still not on the email list and nobody had thought to mention it to me, I didn't go!

Towards the end of my session at work, Sara wanted to see me again so I went into the office with her and Sheila. They asked if I wanted to do some extra work in May which would involve the cinema administration and I was only too happy to oblige! It sounded very interesting!

Although Lisa had said last week she wasn't going to do Film Night any more, we put it on this afternoon and the children watched The Emoji Movie. It was pouring with rain outside, and had been all day, so afterwards we let the children use the ipads in the library while Lisa cleared up. She has decided to change it slightly in September and have the session finish at 5pm as that extra half an hour is difficult to fill if the weather is horrible and the children get bored. There's no point getting all the toys out for half an hour so we have to fall back on technological help!

The parents trickled in between 5pm and 5.30pm and took their offspring home which left us with just two children who were picked up before 6pm, thank goodness. I came across Keith walking to the pub and gave him a lift for the rest of the way before returning home and having a glass of red wine with Sophie. It certainly wasn't cocktail weather!

No comments: