Monday 23 April 2018

Computer meltdown!

When I arrived at work this morning I discovered we had no computer system, and therefore, no phones. At 8am the calls started coming through but we weren't able to answer them. At one point we had twelve calls in the queue so we turned the system off so we couldn't see them! One of the managers turned off the router in our office which didn't achieve anything except make a horrible, high-pitched whining noise!

After about 45 minutes Sara made the decision for us to go to another centre and try and work from there. I sped off in the car but she called me five minutes later to say that the system was back up and running!

Because of our delayed start we were busy with phone calls, but I was also able to do some proof-reading work for Sheila and test the prices of the holiday play scheme.

Keith called me as I was leaving and warned me that the traffic was bad on the A43 so I took another route home. It was all down to a new development of houses on the A43 and I fear the work will be going on for a good while yet!

At the school we ventured out into the playground but the temperatures have been a lot lower today than they were last week. Two of the older girls amused themselves by setting up a course on the pirate ship and asking me to time them completing it using the stopwatch on my phone. Lisa stayed inside and set up a Scalextric track that the headmaster had donated.

We all managed to get out later in the session but it was definitely a lot colder. We have rain forecast for tomorrow so it looks like we've gone back to Spring after a brief spell of Summer! When I got home I was so cold I jumped into a hot bath!

No comments: