Tuesday 10 April 2018

Swapping cars

I had to take my car into the Audi dealership this morning as it had been recalled over a heater fault. The weather continues to be horrible and today was no exception, with heavy grey cloud and constant drizzle.

Keith and I drove to the dealership and the operation was all very slick with a man greeting me and directing me to take my car into the service area which was a covered garage. From there I was met by another woman who took my keys and then showed me to a desk where we were asked if we wanted coffee. I definitely did as it's always good!

I had booked a courtesy car and was hoping for an A5 or even an A6 but I was given a brand new, white A3 which had only done about 50 miles. I took out the option to have the excess on the insurance reduced from £1000 to £50, which cost £12. Heaven help me if anything happened so I thought £12 wasn't a bad price to pay for peace of mind, especially as I was getting the courtesy car for free!

Keith and I drove home through the drizzle and we particularly liked the pop-up satnav! The car was great to drive but I do prefer my own A4!

Mike was supposed to be working today but he was cancelled because of the weather so he stayed at home while Keith, Sophie and I went to the Weston Favell Centre. To be honest, despite having a lovely new car to drive today, the whole experience was a bit depressing. This weather and the lack of sun and blue skies is really getting to me now.

I wanted to buy my fizz for Saturday night and I picked out an Oyster Bay Sparkling wine which was on offer. I looked in vain for an Old World wine to match it but the only bottle I could see that was made from 100% Chardonnay was an expensive Champagne!

I decided to pop to Waitrose afterwards as I knew there was a French sparkling wine there made from Chardonnay, so after buying some bird food in Wilco's, we drove there and I managed to get a bottle for £10.

It was then home to have some lunch and wait for Audi to call me to go and collect my car. Before they called, though, they sent me a text saying the brake fluid needed changing and something about the cam belt...Keith told me neither needed any action and after a few minutes they rang to say the car was ready.

I had been hoping they wouldn't try and sell me other services so I was amazed to see a "recommendation" about the brake fluid, the cam belt and the rear tyres which came to a cost of almost £800! No thanks!

I swapped the A3 over for mine and after a short while we were driving home. The weather did brighten up briefly in the evening and we saw some blue sky but the forecast for the rest of the week is still dull and cloudy!

No comments: