Friday 6 April 2018

Back to reality!

After a lazyish morning, we dropped Mike off at work and went to do our big weekly shop in Kettering. I wasn't looking forward to it, to be honest, but after an initial irritation with the other customers in Aldi, most of whom seemed to be dithering about, it wasn't too bad!

After getting home and unpacking it all and enjoying some lunch, it was lovely to relax in the conservatory as the sun had warmed it up beautifully. I even had a little nap on the sofa in there! I did toy with the idea of going out and mowing the lawn but decided to try and do it tomorrow if the weather stayed dry. Our garden is badly in need of some care at the moment and looks a right mess, if I'm honest. Sometimes I feel we should just start again and take everything out, but I have a feeling the birds use all the ivy along the fence to sleep in at night! They do say that a messy garden attracts wildlife, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Sophie and I went to collect Mike from work at 6pm and as the weather had been so nice, he was late coming out. Back home we opened a bottle of Champagne to toast Sophie's birthday and I prepared fishcakes for dinner, which, when it came to eat them I didn't really want!


No comments: