Tuesday 24 April 2018

Dreaming of sunny skies!

Mike woke up with a sore throat this morning so he didn't go to college. He said he felt really horrible so we urged him to take some painkillers and go back to bed.

Keith and I dropped my car off at the garage in Broughton as my emissions light had come on and also I needed a new brake light bulb. The mechanic said he would call me when it was ready and I hoped that it wouldn't cost too much money!

Keith, Sophie and I went over to the Weston Favell Centre for our usual shopping trip - I think it's time we found somewhere else to go on a Tuesday! We went into Tesco and I made straight for the international foods aisle where I like to hang out, as all the different goods there make me feel happy...yes, I know I'm sad but it reminds me of being in a supermarket abroad! I especially like the section of Caribbean foods as I swear I can feel the sunlight and warmth when I'm looking at all the labels! We bought some Jamaican snacks and a box of Chinese fortune cookies as we're going to cook satay chicken on Sunday night.

Buoyed up by dreaming about all the foods we could cook we took our bags to the car and then made our way to Costa as we were meeting my Mum and Dad for a quick coffee. My Dad had been to the dentist but he didn't really look very well, to be honest and I'm a little worried about him. We seem to have nothing but health worries at the moment!

After enjoying a coffee and chatting to my parents we returned home and I mooched about until it was time to go to school. We had no choice but to stay inside today as the weather was horrible and I thought longingly of the gorgeous sunshine we enjoyed last week. Alas, it is a distant memory!


No comments: