Wednesday 4 April 2018

A bit of a Spring clean...

Keith, Sophie and I all pitched in and gave the downstairs of the house a good clean this morning. Keith and I tackled the kitchen while Sophie dusted and hoovered the rest of the rooms. We even washed all of our glasses on top of the cupboards and gave the surfaces up there a thorough scrubbing. It was hard work but I did feel pleased when we'd finished.

We had a late breakfast of bacon, mushrooms, eggs and toast and I changed our bed, another chore I never look forward to! Sophie and I went over to Tesco at Kettering later in the day as I needed to get my boots re-heeled at Timpsons and I was going to buy Sophie a little present as she really had nothing to open on her birthday tomorrow. However, she insisted she didn't want anything as she'd had so many treats (plus a trip to London in the offing) so I gave in and just bought some beer for Keith and Mike.

On the way home we called to see Mum and Dad as they wanted to give Sophie her present for tomorrow. She received a beautiful scarf and some money to go towards a new phone, which she was really pleased with. We had a chat and then we sloshed home through the rain and relaxed for a bit before it was time to prepare Sophie's favourite meal of Jerk Chicken Pasta. She made us both strong Margaritas which were delicious and we played cards for a while in the conservatory. It's been a day of April showers but the forecast is very good for tomorrow, thank goodness! There's no way I would have arranged a trip to London if there was going to be heavy downpours.

Sophie and I cooked dinner and although the dish was hot, it was also creamy. With a side of garlic bread, it was delicious!

No comments: